2019 Committee Roles
Elected committee members are voted on at the AGM. They form the Operations Committee which runs the club and votes on issues.
- External face of the club to Canterbury Hockey, New Zealand Hockey, UCSA, UC Hockey Advisory Board
- Responsible for long term club strategy
- Oversees the committee
- Ideally has previously held role of Treasurer or Secretary within UC Hockey
- Needs good people management skills and a vision for the long term strategy of the club.
- Responsible for day-to-day running of club
- First point of contact for new members and Canterbury Hockey
- Good communication skills essential to interact with a range of people and roles.
- Needs good time management skills to keep on top of questions and issues that regularly get raised during the season.
- Preferably served a season on Operations Committee
- Responsible for financial health of the club and therefore all financial matters
- Duties include budget, setting fees, GST returns, paying invoices
- Needs ability to think about the upcoming months and plan ahead to manage cash flow in the club.
- Needs to be authoritative in decision making around finances and fees.
- Preferably served a season on the Operations Committee
Player Development Officer
- In charge of player development pathways through the club
- In charge of recruitment of new top players
- Co-ordinate athlete development programmes with UC Sport
- Experience with top level hockey
- Raise funds for the club to keep fees as low as possible through fundraising, sponsorship and grants
- Apply for grants to pay for new equipment
- Good time management
- Deals with numerous people in the committee and external organisations so good communication skills essential
- In charge of distributing and managing equipment, uniforms and merchandise
- Order new uniforms as needed
- Work with Funding Officer to submit grants for new equipment
- Should want to make UCHC the best outfitted club in Chch.
Communication and Marketing Manager
- Marketing the club during pre-season to attract new players
- In charge of social media presence and website during the season
- Keep club informed of news and events
- Manage the club Facebook account
Social Manager x 2
- Organise social subcommittee (2-3 social co-opts)
- In charge of social calendar for the year and event planning.
- Recruit umpires from within the club
- Co-ordinate with Canterbury Hockey for umpiring training
- Allocate umpires to club supply games each week
- Help recruit managers
- First point of contact for managers
- Help fill-in process to run smoothly with knowledge of player eligibility rules
- Good knowledge of dispensation and deferral process
- Good communication and people skills required
- Help recruit coaches
- Help new coaches get up and running
- Help find and distribute coaching material between coaches (drills, game plans)
- First point of contact for coaches
- In charge of coaching development pathways
Co-opt members are roles created by the committee as needed and voted on within the committee. These are smaller roles which help out the committee but don’t have voting rights within the committee.
- Help out Treasurer and Funding Officer with their duties
- Help collect fees
- Good introduction to the treasurer role for people interested in that role in the future
- Help out Secretary with their duties
- Help with the small projects that come up (surveys, player information collection)
- Good introduction to the secretary role for people interested in that role in the future
- 2-3 club members interested in planning and organising social events with the social managers