2019 Committee Roles
Elected committee members are voted on at the AGM. They form the Operations Committee which runs the club and votes on issues.
- The face of the club to Canterbury Hockey, New Zealand Hockey, UCSA, UC Hockey Advisory Board Responsible for long term club strategy.
- Organisation and management of committee
- Needs good people management skills and a vision for the long term strategy of the club.
- Good time and project management skills.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the club and is the first point of contact for new members and Canterbury Hockey.
- Good communication skills essential for interacting with a range of people and roles as well as good time management skills to keep on top of all tasks.
- Treasurers fundamental role in future will be curating and managing Xero.
- Responsible for the financial health of the club and therefore all financial matters.
- Duties include budget, setting fees, GST returns, paying invoices, debt collection.
- Good time management for fee setting,
- Affinity for numbers.
- People skills as you communicate with every member of the club.
Player Development Coordinator
- Long term thinking of what UCHC needs to do to be a competitive club.
- Recruitment of new elite players and coaches.
- Co-ordinate athlete development programmes with UC Sport Experience with top-level hockey.
- Coordinate the Premier and Div 1 coaches, and help them succeed.
- Requires people skills to communicate with coaching co-ordinator and players within the club
- Ideally know a broad range of people inside and outside the club for recruitment.
- Raise funds for the club to keep fees as low as possible through fundraising, sponsorship and grants.
- Apply for grants to pay for new equipment and cover other club costs.
- Good time management to meet grant deadlines and targets and good communication skills required as working numerous people in the committee and external organizations.
- In charge of distributing and managing equipment and uniforms.
- Order new uniforms as needed.
- Work with Funding Manager to submit grants for new equipment.
- Should want to make UCHC the best-outfitted club in Canterbury.
- Time management,
- Top notch organisational skills
Social Media (Marketing) Manager
- Marketing the club during pre-season to attract new players, social media presence and website during the season to keep club members up to date with news and events.
- Manage the club Facebook account and Instagram.
- Time management
- Passion for social media and creativity
Social Manager x 2
- Organise social calendar for the year and event planning, including President’s shout, flat crawl and prizegiving.
- Good time management and forward planning
- Interest in event organisation
- Recruit umpires from within the club.
- Co-ordinate with Canterbury Hockey for umpiring training and allocate umpires to club games weekly.
- Good time management and people skills to recruit new umpires.
- Recruit managers.
- The first point of contact for managers.
- Ability to problem solve and willingness to learn rules and regulations.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Recruit coaches, the first point of contact for coaches.
- Support new coaches to become established and confident running their teams.
- Help find and distribute coaching material between coaches (drills, game plans).
- People skills and communication to collaborate with the Canterbury Hockey Association manager and coaches within the club
Co-opt members – Smaller roles which help out the operations committee.
- Help out Treasurer and Funding Manager with their duties.
- Help collect fees.
- Good introduction to the treasurer role for people interested in that role in the future.
- Help out Secretary with their duties.
- Help with the small projects that come up (surveys, player information collection).
- Good introduction to the secretary role for people interested in that role in the future.
- Help out the two social managers with their duties
- No skills required, just need to be enthusiastic